Re: A really good Dr. who related Youtube series

To be honest all of this stuff just seems rather pointless to me, and never mind cracks in time there are so many plot holes that it's a wonder the universe doesn't explode! For example the really simple one, if the destruction of galifrey caused the tenth and eleventh Doctor's to go back in time to prevent it being destroyed, don't you have a classic temporal loop? It's just like Rose in Father's day, she goes back in time and saves her father, meaning her father isn't dead which negates the reason for going back in time.

And it can't be that nobody knew galifrey wasn't still around sinse if all those races were supposed to be declaring war on that crack or whatever, obviously everybody did! know it was still around in a pocket dimention.Also, how come the Doctor doesn't know where galifrey is now when he said it was in a pocket dimention and the timelords magically gave the Doctor new regenerations? has someone moved it?

And while we're on the subject, if it was possible for the doctors to magically and instantly save galifrey, didn't any of the other timelords think of this?

And this is aside from the pure story telling dramatic potential. All the business of the ninth doctor refusing to wipe out the humans and daleks together, or the tenth Doctor trying to make out to the Master that they were the only timelords left, or Dalek KArn going insane through travelling into the time war to retrieve Davrros. well all of that was pretty pointless wasn't it if ooooh look, Galifrey wasn't destroyed! One thing I did like about the time war is just how much it shook the universe up and changed the character of The Doctor himself. The Doctor wasn't just a fugitive timelord with a mostly disdainful humour about his own people, he is now the last of his kind, the relic of a dead civilization, in a universe that was so harsh that even a people with as much power as The t ime lords were not immune to destruction. It also lends a lot of credence both to the Doctor's battles with the Daleks going right back to the first few stories, and to the way the Timelords were shown as a society, a stratified and rigid group set in their traditions and their thinking and political schemes. Now proved to be unable to cope with the very changes and time they propose to be lords of.

For all of these reasons, I personally disregard that idiotic retcon of the time war, and indeed the rest of the Moffat's stupid plots, he should be shot into a black hole!

I will read Engines of War because I've heard it is a good story, but I still as I said prefer the time war as this mysterious event, and prefer to imagine that the Doctor in the Time War was Mcgan.