Re: A really good Dr. who related Youtube series

If you want to look at the eighth Doctor, then you should look into the Eighth Doctor books.
In the books compared to the TV movie, he is not half human or something (I haven't actually seen the movie to comment on that).
But in the books you also have a sort of time war, but obviously not against the Daleks but against Faction Paradox.
At ist end Gallifrey is also destroyed and the Doctor's Tardis is damaged so that he is stranded in the 9th century on earth and has to actually stay on earth until he reaches the present time around the year 2000 or so.
Later (in the last eighth Doctor book) it is revealed that before Gallifrey was destroyed but that the Doctor downloaded a copy of the entire Matrix into his head which caused him to Forget other things and up to that last book he isn't actually the last time Lord.
Four or five others are still there and one of them breaks the blocks on the Doctor so that he can remember.
And since he ha s (in theory) Access to the data of the time Lords he can restore them.
Unfortunately the Eighth Doctor books end with a cliffhanger and another Invasion atempt of earth.
Moreover, Mr. Davis stated several times that his last time war was to be placed after the "second war in heaven" (Name for the faction paradox conflict).
This might have changed now since we saw "Night of the Doctor" which gave a Regeneration Scene for the eighth Doctor which did not exist inthe Davis era.
It did not exist in the books, because the range was conveniently ended with the Launch of the 2005 TV series and the Big Finish Audios at that time were no where near a Point of a Regeneration Scene for the Eighth Doctor.
I liked the Davis era, like you.
But after four seasons (at which Point it was not yet known that Math Smith would follow), I had hoped that with all the hints, there would have been explanations, since we saw Rassilon and the Master.
I ha d hoped that after the tenth Doctor's Regeneration the fate of Romana and Leela would have been explained, since some Companion Chronicles of Big Finish implied that she actually somehow escaped the time war.
And since it was never (on Screen) stated if Susan was a time Lord or not, the question of if the Doctor was the last of his Kind could have been adressed differently.
What is also interesting is that in "the Gallifrey Chronicles" it is supposedly stated that in the future of the (then eighth Doctor) there would be three "ninth" doctors possibly in the same "Primary" timeline and not only the possibility of three possible ninth doctors.
Some People in the Big Finish Forums think that the Shalka Doctor from "Scream of the Shalka" would be a (possibly the Primary) ninth doctor if there never was a time war...
Maybe the book referenced that when the three ninth doctors were mentioned...

Back to the president of Gallifrey:
In Dark Eyes 1 there is a male president, allthough with no Name.
He is there up to the Point where the Dalek Time Controller orders the Extermination of Straxus thereby preventing the creation of Kotris.
This erases Kotris from existence and causes the timelines to shift and alter.
Unfortunately, there is no president seen in Dark Eyes 2.
I also doubt that we will see one in Dark Eyes 3 which will come out this month.
I hope that Big finish will at least bring an origin Story for the Viyrans, since they apeared in several titles now.
I wonder, does anyone know if Big Finish did ever make an actual Regeneration Scene for any time Lord, or was it only mentioned that someone would Need to Regenerate or that someone was unable to do so?