Re: Demons

I read this topic earlier and it keeps coming back to me, so I feel like I aught to, in the spirit of things, offer what advice/thoughts I can.
Please take this in the spirit its written; I intend no insult/disrespect to anyone.
Rach Rach, you spoke a lot of having a logical side and an emotional side in conflict, and that's what I'd like to try to answer to, if I can.
At least for me, there's often times no answer for logic to give; we are, for better or worse, creatures of emotion. That's just the way things are, and it gives emotion a hideous edge over anything else. Its incredibly easy to fixate on something, to let emotion dominate everything. It doesn't have to be triggered by something obvious; thoughts can just creep up out of nowhere and leave us incapable of considering anything else.
Personally, I realized a while ago that logic wouldn't cut it for me, and that if I wanted to succeed with my goals, that I needed to have something to fall back on when logic (often) failed to make any headway. My solution was this:
Firstly, I decided which way I wanted things to go. For some folks this might take the form of balancing a checkbook style analysis, but I'm certain others would have other ways of making the decision. The important part is that, at the end of the process, you've got the direction you'd prefer to travel firmly in mind. You understand the costs and the gains, and why you chose the way you did.
Next, I took that direction, and said that it was the direction I was going to take, period end of story. Take an oath, write it down, do whatever makes sense, as long as you do something that's meaningful to you, sealing the decision in stone. Make your choice immutable, unchangeable, as factual as 2+2=4, as rooted in the world as gravity or the passage of time.
Now, whenever something challenges the direction you've chosen, simply remember that you chose befor e, and that choice hasn't changed. Don't fight for a logical reason, don't fight because you think whatever you're fighting is wrong or strange. Fight simply because the fight is what you chose; make the act of fighting for what you decided the reason to keep going. Whenever you're tempted by something, remind yourself that you made a choice, and that you made that choice for a reason.

    I'd like to say more, to try to offer something else, but I think much of what I could has already been said, in ways far better than I could manage. Thus, I'll leave with this:
I'm amazed at the level of personal strength it took to come and make these posts, to stand up in front of thousands of people and show your challenges to the world. It takes a lot of fortitude to do that, especially considering that there's no way to predict how your messages would be taken. I hope that, in some way, I can contribute to the tales told here, even if its just in some little fashion.
I wish you the best of luck, whichever path you choose.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rach Rach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rach Rach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rach Rach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rach Rach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ghost rider via Audiogames-reflector