Re: The limitations of audio interfaces

"Still in its early stages"... ah... well... it's relatively unchanged since I discovered it literally 10 years ago. Or at least it was last year when I put it on this laptop and tried out using it with the webcam (since before then I'd never had it with a device I could walk around with).
That's the state of just about every could-be revolutionary technology out there, and it drives me up the wall (then I hang from the ceiling, glaring like a spider. Or a bat. Or a spider-bat!).
At least in this case, there is a halfway decent, usable demo available to everyone (or Windows and Android, at least), which is better than can be said for any of the neat haptics ideas out there, because hardware.

(Yeah, this topic got me thinking about whether it could be possible to do something akin to "imagine -> draw" for audio, and the 3 ideas I keep coming back to are "an accessible emulator for those hardware synths", "Somethin g exactly like paint, but for waveforms with some simplifying tools", and "something that takes the idea behind the vOICe and runs with it". I'm not happy with either, since they'd all still be hard to get anything useful out of. And no, my attempt at something in the same category as but completely different from the vOICe is not a good starting point, because of the way it works.)