Re: headphones. pioneer or bose?

I don't suggest Bose for headphones, there's better, more accurate options, Bose are great for things like movies, classical music and some types of trans, and maybe mainstream video games, because sited people don't care as much about positioning and they just want the action, because Bose have allot of synthetic, muffled base, the sound stages very in width and depth but I never really thought that any of them I saw were ever that deep anyway, also the frequency ranges aren't that good, because they cover all of it up with that base and rumble.

I don't know allot about pioneer, but what I'd suggest, in order of best to good, would be, VModa, Sennheiser, Sure, Soni.

Those ones I give, I'm rating on durability, comfort, portability, and sound.  I'm sure I missed a few but I haven't tried many more aside from those listed.  and of course this all depends on how much you can pay and weather or not you can get it in your country.  Some models will be better than others in those brands of course, especially Soni, and to a lesser degree Sennheiser, but not VModa, all of there's are great.

The best thing you can do to get something you'll like is to look at the manufacturer and inthusiast websites such as HeadFI to see what models there are, and also big name article sites like tom's hardware, PCMag, Techradar, CNET, gearslutts, headphones.com, etc, then go look for reviews on the model you see by using the model name and number with google, on sites like amazon, youtube, again CNET, and also big reseller websites like Bestbuy, BandH, Newegg, Ebay, Tigerdirect, etc, which is also a good place to hunt for deals on the pair you like, and to find more specifications that other sites may not have.  Also study up on terms you don't understand so you can be informed when you buy, either by looking up specific things, or looking at general beginner gui des, places like Wikipedia will usually have too much info, and dictionary sites won't have enough, so other sites are better but those can be used in a pinch.

Don't be disheartened if you don't find what your looking for right away either, the more searching you do the more you'll like something that will probably be around for a few years, so it's worth it, take a break if it starts seeming hopeless, or you may accedentally just get frustrated and impulse buy something that you won't like when you get it.