Re: headphones. pioneer or bose?

Bose I was not impressed with either, the difference even from my standard senheiser earbuds that I use for portability was staggering.

I'd actually say the best way to choose a model is to go to a dedicated hifi shop, have a knolidge of what you want to pay and try them out with an audio track you personally know.

A few months ago I bought myself the senheisa momentums as my best quality headphones. they were horribly expensive (nearly £250), but with senheiser you very much get what you pay for and after trying several different models and makes they still were a favourite. Plus of course from past experience, a Senheiser set of professional  quality headphones will last me at least six years, possibly more. I also use a smaller set of senheiser earbuds as a portable pare. Not as good as the momentums naturally, but good enough for when I'm on the train etc with my Iphone.