Re: Monthly chat december

@Defender, that is quite a sterriotyped view. yes, there are some cultures that consider  disability as a curse, but you can't really make any generalizations without study, or better still living there, indeed it's a good way to evaluate the attitudes of the society you live in (even if you don't consider yourself a part of it), by looking at others.

My problem is take any individual human, and yes on average you get a decent person capable of great kindness and empathy, (occasionally not but more often than not), the problem is the larger the collective, the tribe, the village, the kingdom, the nation, the company, the country or the system, and the less each individual matters. It is no longer about "what each person wants" so much as it is merely how they contribute to the hole or fit in a nice little category, and if outside that, well they don't matter at all. It's what Pink floyd said "all in all your just another brick in the wall"
So, my current thinking is that humans! are quite nice, but "the human race" is pretty scummy over all, especially from the perspective of someone like me who is definitely human, but is not a member of the human race.

@Cinnamon, the soup sounds lovely, I'm a big fan of sweet chilly, indeed I might put one together in my slow cooker this weekend. I'm glad your dog is okay. I remember a horrible point a couple of years ago when Reever became so sick she started to get dehydrated and quite unwell, and I took her to the vets after being up all night. This actually caused a row with the local gide dog health officer (who is quite a moron),  because after the vets sent Reever back still extremely ill, I refused to use that vets anymore and changed to a different one. The health officer threw a hissy fit sinse she didn't like the vets I'd moved to (but sinse there are only two in the city i didn't have a choice and the on e I'm at now is where the police take their dogs, they also treat guide dogs for free).
This finished with me saying "I'm changing reever's vet, and if you don't like it, ---- tough!" she got quite irate and accused me of being rude, but where Reever is concerned I am not prepared to budge and I was really! not happy with Reever coming back as ill as she went in, (they even had to pet ambulance her back sinse I couldn't get a taxi to the vet to pick her up but they were insistant on kicking her out).

Luckily the new vets sorted everything out fairly well, and now are great, they even give me free coffee as well as treating Reever for free.

As regards what I'm looking forward to over christmas, well the concert as I said will be nice. I however need to pull my socks up sinse each year I've been involved with audiogames.net I've done a christmas eeve upate of the db. I've not done any work on the db for several months owing to not being particularly well, but I need to get my act together if I want something decent this year, plus there are! an increasing number of games to add from hjim Kitchin's Pizza delivery to paladin of the skies and traders of known space.

Indeedd, I think I'll start on pizza delivery this evening.