Re: Monthly chat January 2015

Hi Aaron.

music of the night is fun, and is one of my signature peaces (and indeed the peace my sig comes from), good luck.

While Lotr, harry Potter  and Narnia are all awsome, there is a lot of other good stuff out there, and lots of stuff that might not be as legendary over all but still worth reading. To me, my list of requirements for staying alive goes first oxygen, then reading, even more than games or perhaps food, if I am not reading something at the same time I actually feel my life is in some way wrong. i can substitute audio dramas for books for a while, indeed before beginning Dan Wells Partials I was listening to Doctor who dramas and likely will go back to that after I've finished partials and also read sanderson's new novel firefight. I can't substitute films though, even audio described films, it's got to be books or dramas, though usually books.

@Hacker, ah, I hadn't heard of this Arch thing before but I don't know a lot about Linux. Partials is a trilogy. by Dan Wells, the first is called Partials and the second is Fragments, and audio versions do exist. The book is not particularly stylishly written (I much preferd Well's commical gothic horror Night of blacker darkness), neither are the characters that notable, however I will say the world and the action is expanding well after a rather ignominius start. Certainly not the best thing I've ever read, but not the worst either, right now it's sort of hovering around the 6-10 mark, indeed when I've finished it I might do a review for fantasybookreview.co.uk.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wanderer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wanderer via Audiogames-reflector