Re: Monthly chat February 2015

Lol, I was actually amazed how realistic the tape sounds were in the pack. Unfortunately I unlocked it at about 3 Am, ended up going to sleep at 3-30, and now have had to dash down to nottingham to visit my parents so don't have access to that copy of beatstar, though I might download it and play on my laptop.

Pirates is lots of fun,  particularly the pirate king, indeed I stuck a couple of pirates references in the gamebook I wrote a few years ago, albeit my favourite G&S are Ruddygore and princess Ida.

I did plan to relax for a few days after running around london and having god knows how much travel plus some pretty intensive coaching, however I have to do a couple of songs at (of all places), a restaurant tomorrow who are having an Italian evening albeit three songs for a five course Italian meal seems like a nice exchange big_smile.
I was going to learn Funiculi Funicula, however annoyingly the only accompanyment I have is three verses in Niopolitan, which is actually very different to the standard Italian I know, indeed if I had the choice I'd probably do one verse in English for the audience to sing along with, though this is the problem of not having a propper accompanist and having to work from Karioaki. Still I'll have time to have a bash at it in future, plus I probably ought to get used to Niopolitan given there are some other rather nice things to have a go at like Solemio (which every tenor really needs to know).

Right now I'm just finishing off my rerun of all the Doctor who monthly stories from Big finish, I'm just on signs and wonders and actually it's better the second time given that I've now been able to hear all of the stories with hex going beginning to end. Soon I'll have court up to the latest ones and will be on new ones I've not heard before which will be go od, ---- after that well I'll probably start on Patrick Rothfus King Killer series sinse I've had them sitting on my Victor for ages.

One other advantage of being at my parents is getting back on my mega drive which I've recently reconnected, it's been ages sinse I last ran through streets of rage or Golden axe, and I really want another go at gunstar heroes.