Re: Monthly chat February 2015

Golden axe is awsome and is a game I've played literally sinse the age of 6 when my brother got a version for our old amstrad computer. Then we got an Amigar version when I was 8 or so. That was cool sinse the graphics were far better, the characters larger and the music more epic, plus it was an amazingly easy version, the enemies didn't charge you as much and you could just hammer your way through (aside from the fact there was a cool cheat.
the best thing about the Amigar version though was the end, sinse after fighting Deathadder, you got a fun little sequence of a boy playing the Goldenaxe arcade game, then in a burst of magic Deathadder, some skeletons and other nasties appeared and chased the boy out of the arcade. We always thought this should've lead to a golden axe Ii set in the real world big_smile.
I've played the Arcade version and it has th e same ending. The mega drive has slightly nicer graphics than the amigar, i particularly like the way the hole colour scheme changes at sunset when you reach the boss of each level (it makes the game feel very epic), then they added a hole other two levels after you kill Death adder with a run through the dungeons (with many holes), and a final fight against someone called Death bringer who is a purple and green version of Deathadder with really nasty multi directional fireballs and infinite magic.

there is a faq on gamefaqs with my contributions, the 2009 one which is pretty cool and tells you all about mega drive golden axe plus some of my favourite stratogies, like using Gilius back axe roll to duck under enemies when they do their charge attacks.

[[wow]] I wished they still made games like that now rather than all this 3D nonsense big_smile.

Last night I sang th ree songs at said Italian restaurant which was nice, particularly sinse I got to wear the full evening dress including black tux and my silver wastecoat.
Sinse the restaurant not only gave me a three five course meal but my parents and! my brother as well I thought it was  a pretty good payment for three songs and a bit of chatter :d.
They're actually attached to a teaching colige where people learn silver service cookery and table weighting so I do feel happy about helping the students out, actually it's a place my parents and I go often.

Sinse they've got another Italian evening, I'm going back tonight though probably wo't get another free meal out of it big_smile.