Re: awful accessibility-breaking lollipop update

@victorious this bug seems to be only with samsung roms. @afrim you don't need to turn off talkback to clear the app data and caches for the tts. I have a nexus 5, upgraded from 4.4.2 to 5.0 and now on 5.1 and I have not had any bad experiences regarding the tts framework and software keyboards. Even if you clear the data and caches for the tts you are using, this will not solve your problem. This is because the bug is at a lower level than the tts app itself; it's the buggy modified samsung rom, which will be fixed at samsung's discression. If this bug seems to be a showstopper, your only option would be to use a custom rom like cm or pacman or paranoyed android, which are, for the most part, based on aosp (android open source project) source code. A lot of guides on the internet will give you instructions in a matter that would have you going through recovery mode menus, which you will need sighted assistance with, however, if you install the twrp recovery image, you will be able to install the rom and google apps, like talkback and google tts, completely independently without any sighted help (note that you will need to do some fiddling with the command line). If you're interested, I can put a guide up on how to do this, when I get time. Hope this helps.