Re: awful accessibility-breaking lollipop update

very little if you take the right precaussions. It's quite complex; when I get the time off from college, I might put up a guide on how to do it; mind you the process varies by device and variation; you can't take a rom for the nexus 5 and stick it on the nexus 6, for example. For samsung devices, you have to put it in download mode and use either heimdall or samsung's service mode tool(oden3) from the windows side to get the first stage (custom kernel with recovery image baked in), then install a second kernel with twrp, then after you reboot you can install your rom and google apps, including talkback; you need the google apps unless you want to have a fun time with sideloading and whatnot. Mind you during this process, a factory reset will be performed, so back up your stuff before-hand with the adb backup command I posted, but instead of -system, put -nosystem. You can't "brick", not perminantly at least, your device, but until you become comforta ble with the process, don't do this at home; on your primary device.