Re: DeathMatch, a new beginning

[[wow]], just [[wow]].
There is a lot going on.
Ok firstly addressing Lockheed cruisers.
I'd like a rift drive for well quick travel to known places.
I'd also like the fuel capacity to explore the deep yonda startrek did this all the time its why I watched it and why even with all the stuff that goes on even if I do have to stop for a while I do try to play in my spare time.
On the subject of pvp options, in the ideal universe each ship would have all its posts crewed.
Most ships I have flown are single man jobs for me mostly.
That's fine to fly the ship, do simple cracking and mining etc.
you get into fighting if you have to manoover, fight run and a few other things yeah.
As for turning off pvp I get what you are saying.
at the same time if I am in the mood to do some pvp that's fine.
Reguardless of it even if we have pvp off that shouldn't apply to npcs necessarily.
But I get what you are sayin g turning off pvp would take the edge of the space thing.
One thing I have noticed is that unless you are attacked things never break.
surely when you mine and do other things there is a potential of something breaking eventually.
There could be random events in local space, storms not just ion ones, or your ship being hit by an  rock or something.
I'd imagine that when for example say a cracker pulled out a pocket there would be a lot of rock everywhere.
But imagine if while doing it a teather broke or something went wrong, in the worse case it could damage the ship or it could chuck rock all over the place other ships could be hit etc I guess but who knows.
That's just an example, right now I travel knowing that I will eventually get to where I am going. and that is fine.
And in most cases if I am mining or hauling or something I don't want to actually battle per say especially if I am in a planet cracker which has no weapons when my battleship had a dock that worked right I had that but even then it would be a bit difficult.
Mostly I like to come on and chat but if there are enough people I know then I could roleplay, maybe even battle and go on a story lag not withstanding.
I'd like to warp to other places but I'd also like the ability to explore and find artifacts some I could sell for extra cash some which I could use on my ship or my self.
Some that could be potentially dangerous and maybe some I could just put on the wall like little decorations.
Ofcause I am sure you will get things going.
The only real thing we are missing is some sort of job board where people can post adds for different in game in char stuff.
And maybe a message board but then that may bring headakes.
What saddens me if that can be the word used outside game is that all those we banned, know that they may or may not be banned on here.
So try their antics everywhere else.
Th at was why I actually thought about never playing, why I raged as I did a couple months ago.
When I play, I come on to do a bit of mining, maybe chatting, I come on because I have a few hours, maybe 2-5 at the most where I can leave the real world and real life round for a while.
I hold these preciousto me.
And because I like trek and am a scifi geek I like this game.
In the last time I threatened to leave and kill the entire game I felt I wanted to go.
I had a break for a couple weeks and thought again and I couldn't actually bring myself to leave the story which is this game behind.
That does not mean that I will be as dedicated as I was during early alpha testing though.
This game is able to run itself no matter who trolls on it it will never die.
Its even possible eventually maybe in another 6 months to a year that rs could in theory leave the game to handle other projects and come back to it.
I think there are those that don 9;t appreciate how much this thing is and what it means to those that made it.
We are a loose group of testers one dev maybe more and a few sound techs sone which have left us for various reasons in different parts of the world.
And we have lives, believe me if I didn't have to eat, sleep, shit, or do anything else bar be online playing this game I would.
Life outside the game sucks!
But I can't I need to do those things, including exercise, go out with family, and get away ffrom the computer, I am not an android.
Sadly dispite me not doing facebook and a few things like that the computer still much to my dismay take up at least 80% of my waking day.
I stay because its a thing I love.
If I had the cash I'd give a good chunk of it to reality software.
I don't have the cash, life needs to be funded just like in the game there are extras, upgrades, and such as well as needing to get resources, fuel and the like.
Not to me ntion life itself is not a space game, its full of random events true its not pvp all the time but yeah.
If we had random events it could almost be life we have all the components.
On that note danny I know we can buy cans of beer at metroplex but we can't as yet drink them.
Also, While having a terminal for various things was nice I am seriously wandering if we shouldn't scrap the entire thing in favour of having some thing like a vending machine, with the vending machine noises a galactic terminal well we could call it that, but it would make more sence to buy supplies from a vending machine with the vending machine noise even if you had a terminal overlaying that.
maybe when I have the time I may redesign the terminal system, you will have to add in something to allow one additional file for when an item comes out or several, I mean not everything will go clunk.
With these ideas gone I need to finnish a few things so I can play with you all toni ght

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : potterspotter13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jesseleivo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mike-tan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mike-tan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector