Re: DeathMatch, a new beginning

@Danny I don't really get what deep space exploring has to do with pvp at all. There are plenty of hazards you could put in deep space. npc pirates, different sorts of hostile aliens , drone ships guarding alien relics, dangerous steller phenomena to navigate around. You could stick lots of nasties out there to make exploring challenging.

The issue that myself (and I believe Aaron), have with space games is that while the challenge of npc obstacles in exploring is something that the game and developers can balance against difficultyy that is not true of other players. There will always be those who just want to fight in an unrestricted way, who attack your tiny fighter with their huge battle cruser just for the hell of it, and ruin the fun bit of exploring for those who aren't interested in combat against other players.

Saying "well if you don't explore and stick to federation space you won't get attacked" sort of negates the point, sins e that for me is the interesting part of the game.

Myself, to be brutally honest I don't have that much interest in interacting with other players, either aggressively or cooperatively, solo exploring is much more my thing, so I don't see why other players should be allowed to interfere with my game when I'm not interfering with theres.

Personally, I'd take a leaf out of the gap series by steven donaldson and have each ship fitted with a data core that doesn't permit firing on any registered captain. You can remove the data core from your ship, which will let you fire on other ships with no data core.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jesseleivo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mike-tan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mike-tan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector