Re: Tentative Entombed 2 Design Decisions

@Airina, I agree fully on souns, especially playing element and attack souns together, indeed I always thought in Entombed 1 that would be a very simple way to create more unique monsters, such as play a wolf bark and growl over some fire sounds to create a hell hound. I'm not sure about weapon crafting. The game will already by default be generating many weapons, even more so if ideas like the challenge rating to increase rewards happen, so the function crafting might serve in the game I don't know, particularly sinse there will be a limited amount of enemies per level so when you get to craft I don't know. besides, with hardness and material composition playing a part in the game, a body part sword might be a weerd thing to have sinse it'd hardly be as hard as even a bronze one, indeed unless there was! some use for body parts chopped off enemies I'm not entirely convinced they should be pickupable.

Sinse crafting usually depends upon resource gat hering (even when those resources are living boddies), I'm not exactly sure what place it has in a game like Entombed which is very much a " get through the dungeon" affair.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : airina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dingo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : garrett via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firence via Audiogames-reflector