Re: Tentative Entombed 2 Design Decisions

@Airina, what I believe Jason is planning with the mods is to allow people to make changes and additions to all the general types of things in the game, monsters, items, materials, maybe spells and skills. This will indeed involve adding propperties and editing text files. Apparently some aspects of game behaviour will be alterable through lua scripting, but how much can be done with simple text file alterin and how much will need scripting I'm not sure.

For example, whether you can add a new damage type, new spells and skills, either for monsters or in creating an entirely new player job or race.

We'll just have to see. Either way, modding should be awsome and mean that we're not always dependent upon jason for adding new stuff to the game.

@Ethin, I like the idea of being able to select different mods from the menu and having each person's mod as something of a separate entity, but the reason I didn't suggest this is I'm not sur e how complex or possible it would be, sinse the relationship between source files for all the in game artifacts and how the game generates the dungeon floors and random encounters is likely an extremely complex one.

As regards the paw reattach idea I'm not sure if that is going a bit too far into the realms of crazy and also slightly game breaking, sinse if you can replace any limb with any other type of limb, well what is to stop you replacing all your parties feet with hands an giving them four attacks?

Now, attaching a big buff set of dragon claws to your wolf might be an idea, but I'm not sure if things should get quite so mangled that your producing weerd frankenstein hybrids.

i'd  personally keep it that the type of limb your reattaching has to be the same type as was lost, ie, a left hand attached to a left arm, or a right for paw attached to a right four leg. This could even make for interesting battle tactics targeting body par ts of your enemies in order to harvest some good replacements big_smile.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : airina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dingo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dingo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : airina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : garrett via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : airina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dingo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dingo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector