Re: Psycho Strike - New Strategy/Action game

@Raygrote,

My comparisons of Japanese devs vs. American ones was in no way related to Psycho Strike directly.  As I have stated in previous posts, in my opinion Psycho Strike was well done and has huge potential going forward.  My questions were more related to generalities.  The same constraints that face American devs of finances and short manpower apparently are the same for our Japanese counterparts, yet they seem to find their way around them quite readily.  Is there some hidden incentive for the Japanese devs that isn't offered in the States?  I mean, it's obviously not about money for the Japanese devs, since every game that I listed is available for free.  Yet I have found many games that are actually sold for money in the States that turn out to be of lesser quality.  I wonder why a developer in the U.S. wouldn't want to do all he could to make his game rich with content and quality, especially if he knows he's intending to sell it.  Wouldn't common sense say that people are more apt to buy it?  It's funny that the Japanese devs strive for that level of quality simply to offer a game for free, and yet the American devs tend not to, even for games they intend to sell for money.  It doesn't make sense to me.  Especially when the claim of American developers is usually one of two things:  Either money is an issue, or they don't have enough programmers, testers, etc.  Yet our Japanese counterparts proved that a development team consisting of but one person can obviously handle it, and handle it well, and they can do it without a ton of money.  That was my only point.  So if the incentive isn't financial for the Japanese, then what is it?  Because whatever it is, it must be something that as a general rule isn't shared in the U.S.
As for Psycho Strike, I believe that it is a game with huge potential for future relea ses.  It will be interesting to see whether that potential is realized in the future.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : synchronfreak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : the terminator via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector