Re: Psycho Strike - New Strategy/Action game

Yes, that actually is the main issue that needs to be examined a bit more.  I'm pretty sure whoever could produce a side scroller could eventually make something that can get as involved as the BK games or something.  However, most people seem to stop at a certain point in which they just throw down what they have and do not really expand on the idea.  Again, making an extensive game isn't a boarder issue as Americans make involved and advanced games all the time in the sighted community.  However, here, we seem to always hit a ceiling at a certain point in a project.  And I don't think this is also a country issue either, it seems nearly everyone hits a low ceiling limit on how far they are going with a game.  Most likely Uki continued on making his games as advanced as it  could get because he enjoyed the project.

    That makes me think though, how much joy do people get working on these projects though.&n bsp; We are a very small but voal community to each other and uh, at times I note the annoyance and disappointment crop up very often among any good things being said.  My favorite recent example would involve the game Sneak was working on.  When he first released a navigation onept demo of his Crimson waters game, he wanted to see if people had a good experience navigating with the boat.  Suddenly the comments headed toward sthis game blows because so and so didn't include something, not noting the concept demo and navigation test part.  We are very very critical and extreme here where enjoyment of working projects kills progress here if one posts their projects online.

    Other examples of our community being very draining on the willpower part:  Swamp and the many, many, many security attacks and people generally making Aprone's progress on his games slower and slower.  I believe we are way to critical and negative o f a community for anyone to post anything without meeting negative responses before any constructive ones appear.  Normally games that tend to be well received end up being "fullY' finished and most likely had no prior info about (Sort of an out of the blue thing).  We are much more happier when it comes to full products instead of just beta tests. I believe someone stated before we already have a negative stigma to "beta" releases and how no one works on it afterwards.  If I remember right, the BK games were just dropped on our lap one day when someone found it and posted the game.  Same goes for BK3 when it was released as a full game.

   I believe for people to possibly be more motivated in working on projects, and producing higher and higher quality games is to probably end the practice of public betas and alphas.  It seem shalf the time having a public test project ends up causing more issues as "everyone&q uot; seems to have a suggestion for you to add, and get pissed when you don't consider or add it.  Then the negativity comes out and quality goes down hill.  I think taking a page to what the Japanese developers do here and just stay silent mostly about their projects until their ready might work better and ease up on the stress one is facing from the community.  And I believe this is where Psycho Strike, and probably many games of the past seem to kep doing and releasing early to a pack of hungry, unsatisfied, wolves  (Other examples include MOTA, he Bavisoft stuff, and so on).