Re: Psycho Strike - New Strategy/Action game

@Jayde,

The problem with upgrading for some people is that in many cases it's not just buying the new OS, it's buying a new computer outright, because the computer that they currently use that runs XP doesn't have the necessary specs to handle Windows 7 and beyond.  I believe Windows 7 can be purchased for somewhere around $200 maybe, and that is even if you can still buy it, since Microsoft apparently has made it so that all new computers now come with Windows 8 pre-installed.  So this person has had to shell out triple the amount of an OS at a minimum, because his or her PC is unable to run the new OS due to lack of memory, a processor incapable of it, incompatible hardware, etc.  And even if they could upgrade their PC hardware to handle the OS, many of them would have to outsource that work.  For the few that do have the knowledge to do the hardware upgrade themselves, it's still rather costly, probably more than the OS.
As I stated above, all new computers are automatically loaded with Windows 8 at the factory.  But let's say this person doesn't want 8.  Obviously if one has the knowledge they can get rid of 8 and install 7, but it's not as easy as it used to be, just stick the CD in and let it format your drive and install, the way it was done with older operating systems, including XP.  Windows 8 makes use of the GPT format, which basically locks you out from doing that.  I bought a computer with Windows 8, and when I decided I wanted to revert to 7, instead of just being able to format my hard drive and install the new OS as I had done for years, I was forced to boot into Linux and use the partition editor to zero out the drive completely to get rid of the GPT so that I could then install Windows.  Not everyone has that sort of knowledge, which means that, too, would have to be outsourced.  I called a couple of places once to find out how much they charge to install an OS for someone, and the price ran roughly at $250.  That's not exactly cheap, especially if you just shelled out three times that for a PC.
All if that being said, to anyone for whom upgrading is at all a possibility, I strongly encourage it, at least to as far as Windows 7.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : the terminator via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : troopanum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : po1040 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : po1040 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector