Re: A quick word.

OK, I have something to say, because I can't resist the temptation.
@Samtupy1, you said tyler used sound effects he had no permission to use. Well, I've got a tip for you. When it comes to sounds, everyone copies off of everyone else. Admit it, man. You used sounds you had no permission to use. Therefore, you can't just say that you can limit permission son your sound usage. If your talking about the STW sounds, and your saying Tyler used those, you have no right to attempt to limit him because you don't own the copyright unless you made those sounds. Now, if Tyler used the sounds you created yourself, with your own recorded audio -- excluding sound mixes of other sounds you know you copied from -- yes, you could sue him because he used your sounds without your permission to do so. However, as it currently stands, you did not specify what sounds Tyler used; therefore, I'm going to assume he used sounds from a sound library of yours. Before I continue, I would like to know, via any means of contact - including PM: What sounds are we talking about? I want to clear up this "sound use permission" issue before it falls into a debate about who used what and such.
Now, off of debating and copyright: I am surprised Tyler would make a stand again. He's a good man, yes. But when it comes to asking for features and other things, he can be very annoying sometimes - I bring the old DMNB password protected consoles into this discussion as an example. I mean, others ask for features and if the programmer(s) say it cannot be implemented they back off. However, to tyler, it sounds to me like me has to - and I say has to because I must - persist constantly until it's done. It's going to get him into trouble sometime, and he won't like the situation he's in when it happens - whatever that situation will be and whenever it will occur are two things I do not know. But if he wants to get back in our good graces again, well... he'll have to try a lot harder than that. I'm sad that he's entered depression though. I have a very bad feeling that we did - and I include all of us on this forum as one forum  body of people - treated him a little too harshly.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kyle12 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector