Re: Announcing release of Yellowbonnet from Valiant Galaxy Associates

Jeremy here:

Dark,

I've completed the game on tin horn using melee weapons and encountering the burglar and Big Joe Keene as jobs.  That said, it takes a lot of health watching and carefully timed strategic retreats.  I've included an items section to the documentation to address some of these issues, but one thing needs to be cleared up here:

The game picks what it thinks is your best weapon.  In general, the revolver is the best weapon, but if you run out of ammo, the game defaults to your best melee weapon.  You can buy more bullets at the general store.

If you want to increase your final score, fighting is a good way, but you have to be careful how you approachthem.  The tips and tricks section has some words about this, but the main thing is to check health after each hit (the l key will do this).

Another thing to keep in mind is, as I said before, and as it states in the documentation, the three character types are not traditional difficulty levels.  Each character type presents a different set of challenges.

You're right that to complete all the jobs, the best way is to avoid fighting.  However, if you want to really rack up a score, you have to turn homicidal maniac and kill anyone you meet in the streets.  Unrealistic, and we will have to see about making the sheriff and deputy more proactive in later versions of the game.  As to the hp status indicator, you're not the first person to request it, one of our beta testers made a similar request.  I'm sure I didn't hit all your points here, but I'll be happy to give it another round.

Take care,

Jeremy

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector