Re: What do people believe when it comes to religion and or spirituality?

The genesis contradiction was one of the first I ran into as a Christian. I started following Jesus a year ago, opened my bible, and what is the first thing I see? A perceived contradiction. Of course, I'm thinking, oh great, I'm just starting with this and there's already problems.

After some research, however, the conclusion I came to is not that they are two different creation accounts, but instead, use of some unusual wording. It also depends on what translation you look at. For example, the New Internation Version says, So God had formed all the animals from the ground, whereas many others simply say God formed. As we tell stories, usually formed means that they're doing it right then in the story, but it could just as well mean that he took the animals he had already formed to Adam to be named in the garden. It may not work for everyone, but it does work for me.

There are a couple I'm still working on finding answers to, like why does Mat thew say that Jesus rode two donkeys into Jerusalem, when all of the other gosples say just the colt? And how can you ride two donkeys? Perhaps it just means that the colt and it's mother were with Jesus when he rode the colt into the city.

I disagree with you though, that if there were only one true religion, everyone would immediately convert to it. The bible says as much when Jesus says that only his sheep will recognize his voice. This indicates that there will be those that, no matter how much evidence is shown or scripture quoted, will choose another path because they do not have the ears to hear the voice of Christ. He also says that broad is the gate that leads to destruction and many are those who enter, but narrow is the gate that leads to life and few are those that find it.

I'll write more later if I have time.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sukil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sukil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sukil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gamedude via Audiogames-reflector