Re: Hi all, Can somebody help me with this?

Well with free hosting like x10, i'm not sure you actually get to mod that, or if it is necessary. I mean this in the kindest way, but hosting a chat client on free hosting while atempting to get data from a txt file loads of times, your host is gonna freak out and it probs won't work. If you want I can host the php for you and you might have better results. I bet it's just your web host. Something that could work though, use file_put contents. like this

<?php
$nd=$_POST["data"];
$cd=file_get_contents("events.txt");
file_put_contents("events.txt", $cd."\r\n".$nd);
?>

warning! This code isn't tested and could error, but it should generally show the get and put contents methods. If it doesn't work just find a tutorial online, but it should.