Re: New Infinite Apocalpytic Procedural Ascii Game "The Wastes"

@Wyvern, that's crazy! nice to know the titan loop is gone, though I will be interested to see what happens to game balance when the towns and mining are fixed.

Hmmmm, Gene I'm genuinely confused at all these shenanigans, sinse I've not had any of these issues at all, indeed I downloaded the latest beta today. Sinse it's just you and firefly that are having this problem, (and firefly seems to have got around it), I do wonder if there is something at your end, indeed I did wonder if you were clicking on the right link, however if the direct download link from the mediafire page (as I posted above), won't do, god knows, the Developer uses mediafire because he finds it easiest to upload. I've suggested dropbox with the issue people are having, though given this issue only seems to occur with a couple of people I do wonder if there is something going on with people's browser or windows version or whatever that is conflicting with mediafire, or if people are clicking on something wrong on the mediafire page, sinse there are a lot of advertising links it is true and I'd imagine clicking on those wouldn't be helpful.

The developer is indeed reading this topic, but apparently has had lost password issues and hasn't got around to requesting a new one from the forum as yet, what with him coding like a possessed dire monkey demon for all these dayly updates big_smile.

As regards the game, it runs in a dos style console window. I'm not sure how jaws works with those, you will  possibly need the jaws curser. the reason there are no  key commands is all instructions are listed on screen, eg "to fight hit 1, to run away hit zero"
The menu meusic is rather loud and there isn't a way to alter thus far without altering the system volume which won't help over all balance, th ough music in the game is much quieter. If you can't raise the volume of your voice (I find it okay with supernova set to %100), then just hit 1 for new game and type in the name for your character and hit enter, then the game will begin. there should be an on screen button to close prematurely if you want without needing to use the task manager, though as I said I don't know how Jaws interacts with these sorts of things so someone else might be able to provide more informationn.

Hth.

Lastly Gene, might I suggest you relax. As you know from working in computing for a long time nothing is perfect. Programs have bugs, websites don't always work, and of course when you add accessibility onto that things get even more crazy, especially when exploring the accessibility of games off the beaten track. Have a good sware, punch the wall, then move on and try to do something about it.

I was going to suggest perhaps I could mirror the files on sendspace, as I do have a sendspace pro account and uploading them wouldn't be difficult, but frankly with your attitude I'm a little scared to sinse if you had an issue with sendspace I don't want to be at the recieving end of a tirade.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zseli via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector