Re: New Infinite Apocalpytic Procedural Ascii Game "The Wastes"

Hi dark,

Can confirm the ability to disable music and ascii art will be in tonights version, I hadn't considered the spacing in the main menu though so now that will also be fixed when you disable ascii, at the moment you have to go into the options and choose disable ascii each time you load up the .exe but I will look to adding an .ini file that will store your settings and load them up each time you play again which will be much easier for you

@Gene

I think you're misunderstanding me, I say I can't help with regards to these alleged crash and restarts you are having, they sound like something to do with your computer and not my game, my game does not have the capacity to crash or restart a computer so I wouldn't be able to help with it, it would be like blaming facebook for microsoft word not saving properly.

As for actually supporting visually impaired people like yourself I am actively doing so, though admittedly when the developmen t of this game started it wasn't even remotely planned to have support but that was because the game was a personal project, after sharing it on reddit it blew up a little bit and one of the member of this forum mentioned on reddit that I should post it here because apparently it worked well with your readers, since then I have been in active communication with a few members of your community over on reddit such as our good friend dark and thanks largely to them I have decided to add further support for the visually impaired because It makes me genuinely happy to know that there are folk enjoying my game! and the great thing about it is the game is entirely text based aside from a very small amount of ascii graphics so you guys aren't at all missing out on any features, again I apologize for the shit you've gone through with regards to these captchas but you've got it wrong, you seem to think I put all those captchas and ads there but that's not the case, un til this was brought to my attention It seemed to me as though my link took you right to the page and once download was clicked everything was done, apparently that's not the case and that's no good.

and gene If you refuse to get adblock but complain about ads then I can't help you, you are purposely finding things to complain about even when numerous solutions are offered to you simply for the sake of making a fuss, I am happy to continue to help make this game better and more accessible for all and may in future move to a more friendly site like mega or dropbox, but that will involve moving over all my previous versions and updating all my links so I will have to do that when I have time.

Still now that my account is working here I am willing to discuss anything about the game with you guys!

all the best
Huw

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector