Re: New Infinite Apocalpytic Procedural Ascii Game "The Wastes"

Hi Firefly,

Sound is a little bit fucky at the moment, due to the restrictions of not using something Like OpenGL I cannot seem to by default get more than one sound running at a time hence why the game theme cuts out when a sound effect plays, in the future I will look at trying to either write my own sound system or find an alternative but at the moment it would be a big hefty task, as for new sound effects I am eager to add more soon!

Not entirely sure what you mean with regards to map making, are you suggesting that you can't leave a region without a map?

As for fight pits I feel it would be a tiny bit cheaty to know the stats of your opponent before hand, I can see how it might suck dying in one because I've lost more than a few in the fight pit but the idea is that you estimate the risk of what you are fighting, ie A weak worm is going to be very easy to kill but a monstrous deadly wolfbull is probably going to be a tough fight.

I love the idea of finding little extras while mining... great great great idea!

Feel free to suggest any more ideas you have, I have implemented many ideas suggested by users and they all work very well together!

As for warsim I haven't thought about it much to be honest, it was a project I was very passionate about a few months ago but there was a lot of things going on and I ended up having to stop working on it, still the controls are similar to this game, you only enter 1) 2) 3) ect depending on what the options are

all the best
Huw

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector