Re: Accessible email client

I'm still using Thunderbird and I have to agree, Thunderbird does work, but there are a few minor issues and like jsymes, I'm not all that impressed.

The two minor issues I've run into are, when Thunderbird starts, it lands in the last folder you were viewing rather than your inbox. Minor but annoying none the less, I haven't been able to find a solution to this, I was hoping there'd be a setting or command line option to tell Thunderbird to always start in the inbox.

The other minor annoyance is right after starting, that no matter what folder you are in, the message list table doesn't work until you've tabbed around the main window at least once. With all the tool bars turned off, this amounts to three tabs. No solution to this problem either, but hitting tab three times right after starting Thunderbird isn't hard, so I can live with this problem, but it would be nice if there was a fix for it.

If Thunderbird didn't work out, I was going to try Some version of Windows Live Mail, the 2009 version is said to be the last version before the drop down menus were replaced with the ribbons.

Then I'd try going back to Outlook Express, and if that didn't work, Outlook. Outlook worked, it was just overkill for me.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ian Reed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ian Reed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ian Reed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jsymes via Audiogames-reflector