Re: Frandum, a primarily quest-based exploration Mud

@Dark, go actually makes you walk without you having to type anything. It could be completed with a command telling you the direction (in case you want to know without actually going there). Ok for the maps, I'll leave them be.
Regarding recall, the penalty is mentioned in the help and in the tutorial, without telling exactly what it is. This can be improved: it costs you your non-owned stuff and half your hit points. For the rope you left before I could answer yesterday but by searching you found a new one and just forgot to get it, eh eh. You never have to abandon a quest: at worst if things got wrong (e.g. you killed the wrong person) you can reset and start again.

@Orin, not a bad idea but there are quests and quests. When I say 1100+ quests, it means unitary achievements that are noted in your diary. A single, wizard-type quest generally contains 5 to 15 of these unitary items. And all quests do not start by someone asking something of you specifically, someti mes you have to look around to find what could be done. Eventually, as the game is entirely open (you can go wherever you want and quest in any order you want), it would be a little too directive to always point you to whatever new hint someone gave you. And besides, there's the fun of exploring, finding your way based upon general hints. Long story short: I think an extension of the go command working on known cities and villages (kingdoms are tougher) and telling you their rough direction (e.g. "quite far to the north and close to the east") could be useful. This information is provided in the maps on the website and automaps of the client, so it's only fair it is also available for telnet users. We do have latitude and longitude, so it shouldn't be too hard to determine. I'll note it down and work on it whenever free time appears.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hanif via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hanif via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector