Re: Frandum, a primarily quest-based exploration Mud

Hi Frandum.

The Ascii hasn't been too bad thus far, though if there are some really huge regions you could consider a "where" command to work like the chapple map, plus then I could give the game a page on the db of this site, sinse we unfortunately can't list every mud so list any with screen reader adaptations.
I also like the fact combat isn't super spammy either, sinse that can also be problematic screen reader wise, though combat only seems part of the game not the hole of it.

The only miner thing I've run into thus far was completely a none access problem.
In the chapple I chose to go west rather than east, fell into a hole and climbed out which is fare enough, however then I couldn't get back east to see what was in the other direction sinse whenever I went that way I was told "your feet slip from under you" and was returned to where I was. That was okay, accept I seem to utterly have missed the location of the key to the chest, indeed right now I'm making my way back to the chapple just to find it sinse I can tell from my fight with the novice guard that not having the contents of that chest wasn't helpful.

One thing I do like is the idea of guild quests with multiple guilds to join that give you different things to do, sinse it always irritates me in games when your told "woopse sorry, can't do this activity your the wrong guil or class or whatever"

I'm guessing that the only guild with restrictive entrance is the thieves? indeed the help entry on guilds indicated some guilds closed others, can you resign from certain guilds? or is there a way to tell if you join one guild what others it might preclude?

I'm guessing the guilds are more an alignment thing, eg, a person couldn't be a paladin and a thief, but if say I went and joined the travellers only to find that they had some grudge with the rangers or similar it'd be a trifle annoying if I didn't know first.

I'm liking what I see of the game thus far, particularly how the  object parser is comparatively small and quests seem more involved with looking at things and exploring than  random illogical if style "stuff dwarf with spongecake" type of puzzles of the Zork type.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : gamer95440 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frandum via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hanif via Audiogames-reflector