Re: Monthly chat September 2015

I am writing this post at a time that I should probably be in bed, but I'm not. Go figure

So for the passed week and the upcoming one, I am having work practice at a hospital as part of school. Speaking of therapy, I am studying to be a Massage therapist, and I'm finally on my last year. For these 2 weeks of practice, it's basically like working proper including having to get a contract. This is my second time at this hospital as I did this last school year back in April. It helps that the people I'm working with, both patients and the other therapists, are very nice and helpful (as in I'm learning quite a lot from them) and last week I got my first ever tip (as in money).

In other news, although I haven't ordered any new apple things recently, thanks to fellow forum member guilevi I will be most likely getting a Braille N' Speak 2000 in a few weeks. He got one for himself a few months ago and I've always been fascinated with old tech and software (talking dosbox should be somewhat of a proof of this), so when he told me there is a place selling working ones for very cheep I jumped at the possibility. It's probably going to get mostly used as an actual hardware synth.

To end this post, thinking about old tech made me think of this Youtube channel. He shows off old DOS and Windows 9X viruses in action, mostly on real hardware. It's very easy to follow as he describes everything that he's doing and he  reads any messages that come up. I have to say that Viruses back then were a lot more interesting than they are now and looked a lot more like the typical virus in a movie on TV. As an example there's one that deletes your file allocation table, then has you play guess the number to see if you can get your data back. I wonder how they came up with ideas like that.