Re: Paw Prints. A turn-based strategy roleplaying game, by Aprone.

@Phil, that is something I considered when making my suggestions (though I have no idea where pragmatic and thieving comes from), However I rather thought the idea of having more traits with simpler effects that you could mix and match between from a gameplay perspective would be more likely to produce a more unique set of survivers, with each person having two traits and the hole party having a balance, than for each person to have one trait with both a positive and negative outlook. Of course each person could have two traits each trait having both positive and negative sides, however then you run the risk of making the system so complex that players end up ignoring it rather than using it to their advantage.

Plus of course,  on a basic level the simpler you can describe someone, the  more applicable that description is (that is why horrorscopes work so well sinse the descriptions are so nebulous and complicated they could apply to anyone).

For example, I& #039;ve met lots of people who are physically strong,and lots of people who have a tendency to get lost, but not everyone I've met with one characteristic has the other, indeed as a person who is both physically strong myself (I lift weights for half an hour each day), and not exactly lacking in the brain department the "big dumb warrior" sterriotype rather gets up my nose.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector