JediCowboy Wrote: 
> I was wondering if there would be a preference as to which DAC I used? 
> I have a Denon AVR-3802 Receiver with Analog Devices 24 bit, 96 kHz
> high resolution DACs on all eight channels.  Would it be better to use
> this or the built in Burr-Brown 24-bit DAC of the Squeezebox2?
> 
> Or am I just splitting hairs here?
> 
> Regardless of which I use, it's my understanding that if I connect the
> SB2 via the analog outputs, I'll be using the SB2's DAC, and if I
> connect via the coax I'll be using my receiver's DAC, right?

That's right.  Assuming you run that coax into a digital input on the
receiver.  If you run it into an analog input then I don't think it's
going to sound very good. :-)  The digital out is essentially
"untouched" after the stream to the Squeezebox has been decoded from
mp3 or FLAC.  There's a server setting to fix the volume level of the
digital out that you should set.

I'd just listen to each of them and see which one you like.  You can
probably even connect them both simultaneously and switch between them.
I'm not sure if you can precisely volume match them, though.  Maybe if
you fix the digital output level and use the SB's volume control on the
analog outputs you can come close.


-- 
JJZolx

Jim
_______________________________________________
audiophiles mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slimdevices.com/lists/listinfo/audiophiles

Reply via email to