JediCowboy Wrote: 
> I was wondering if there would be a preference as to which DAC I used? 
> I have a Denon AVR-3802 Receiver with Analog Devices 24 bit, 96 kHz
> high resolution DACs on all eight channels.


Before getting into which DAC is better, the thing to find out is
whether your receiver is putting all of its signals through a digital
path internally (a quick googling didn't tell me specifically about
your model, but there's much mention of ADCs so I suspect so). If
that's the case, you're better off using a digital connection into the
receiver to eliminate a D->A at the source and another A-D into the
receiver.

By the way, the A->D->A conversion that is common in modern receivers
is not inherently a bad thing. For something with a lot of channels
in/out, it's probably cleaner to get it straight into zeroes and ones
rather than switching the analog signals and passing them all around
inside the box from one PCB to another. I'm sure on some forum there's
a lengthy and well-informed debate that could be cited here...


-- 
seanadams
_______________________________________________
audiophiles mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slimdevices.com/lists/listinfo/audiophiles

Reply via email to