dwc Wrote:
> Jesus mister Backham, I've never seen powered monitors like those. 12"
> woofers? wow.  I have a pair of Alesis monitor 2's, and I thought they
> were big for monitors.
You should see the ATC 300's: they are ****ing enormous!

The SCM100A is a domestic version of pro studio monitors. Quite a few
recording and mastering studios use ATC speakers. The ATC website has a
list of clients (http://www.atc.gb.net/client_list.html).

dwc Wrote:
> Clive's rig (bit outdated now)
> http://www.lurcher.org/ukra/clive_b/clive_b.html
>
> Clive, what are the metal frames below the speakers? I don't see those
> in the product photo:
> http://www.hhb.co.uk/hhb/uk/products/largeimage.asp?ID=129
>
> I take it you're fond of them?  Looks to be a UK-only product?
Crikey, I didn't realise that page was still online anywhere!

Yes, the description is a bit outdated now. The CD player and preamp
are gone, replaced by the SB2. The large rack full of CDs has been
removed, yielding additional space for my wife to rearrange the
furniture when she feels like it :-)

The metal frames are just speaker stands, to raise them off the floor
to the correct height.

--
cliveb