Patrick Dixon;164135 Wrote:
> The thing is, speakers don't just sound good or bad on their own, so you
> should consider when you heard them sounding so good, what the rest of
> the system was, and how it was contributing to the sound.

Yea this is one of the biggest problems IMO. Listen to one thing in one
place and it sounds great. Take it somewhere else with other stuff and
it's a Walkman ! Makes it that much tougher.

Any advice on "good" amps that doesn't mean I have to sell the house ?
Generally speaking that is ... since your point above is still valid
and very true.

--
thingfish