Wombat wrote:

> One thing that poped in my ears lately is Patricia Barbers Smash. I like
> her for the cold cool way she presents her stuff. Lately on a HDtracks
> promotional forum one asked for it, like with almost all new releases
> from there and the common sense of course was positive only. The number
> 24/192 can´t sound bad. In reality i didn´t listen an album in a while
> suffering that much of sibilance in some songs. Almost annoying. Some
> de-esser could have done wonders. Strangely within several comments no
> one recognized that. Must be to hard to hear for audiophiles i guess...

Speaking of Patricia Barber and Smash. I like her music as well and have
all the SACD releases. I agree, there's something VERY wrong with the
HDTracks 24/192, here's the frequency analysis from one of the quieter
portions of the 1st track "Code Cool":

14438

Earth to HDtracks - please explain why there's a spike at 22kHz (louder
in the left channel) which starts rising well before 20kHz; likely
adding/causing the sibilance...  Please explain why it's there on *all*
the tracks...  Please tell us whether you even bother checking...
"Audiophile quality"...  Yeaaaaahhhhhh, right....

|Filename: Barber.jpg                                               |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14438|