Archimago wrote:
> It does matter in one significant way (Eric Clapton - "Old Sock"):
> HDTracks 24/96 - $17.98
> Amazon.com CD - $9.99 + free shipping if you get a couple other CD's
> (total >$25)
>
> If the 24/96 isn't native hi-res, and you get no material copy to
> archive/resell, then it's pure rif-off, ain't it?
>
> Agree that non-DSD is a good thing :-).

Absolutely correct. But then the whole high resolution game may be a rip
off. In fact for many of the high resolution titles that I own which I
feel have excellent sound, the improved sound may be the result of a
better master and not the result of the higher resolution. Funny thing
is I have way too much music already and spending time and money hunting
down a slightly improved versions of recordings I already own seems
fairly pointless.