heisenberg wrote:
> That's because the mono masters have not been tempered with -- no bass
> boost, no "let's show them what a great drummer Ringo actually was by
> boosting his presence in the mix", just an honest-to-god transfer, which
> preserved the original vibe, warts and all.

And I take it based on what I've read, that for the early albums, the
Mono mix was the one George Martin and the Beatles cared about and
worked hard on.  The stereo mix was done as an after thought.

(plus, I originally heard these songs on a transistor radio tuned to the
AM dial when they were originally released....so takes me back!)