ralphpnj wrote:
> And what exactly is self-dithering and should we even be discussing it
> on an open, public forum?

Self-dither is a term often used when adding much dither is not
necassary. If enough noise is already existing at the bit-depth you cut
the data it doesn´t need additional dither since the existing noise is
random enough already.
Some people claim that even on clean and modern material it is nearly
impossible to abx the distortions from NOT using dither but i didn´t
test this. I always dither cause of paranoia and how i understand
things. I only want to mention that with the Beatles stuff i doubt it is
worth looking for some magic Noise-shaped or sloped dither at all, so
heisenberg should have it more easily done.