andy_c wrote:
> Don't get me started on non-oversampling DACs!
>
> There's an obsolete chip made by Philips, the TDA1541A, that's become a
> fetish item in high-end circles.  '_Here_is_but_one_web_page_'
> (http://www.lampizator.eu/lampizator/TDA1541%20corner/TDA1541.html)
> devoted to singing its praises.  It's pretty clear to anyone with any
> technical knowledge at all that the contents of that page from
> "Lampizator" are complete nonsense, and yet this guy is considered to be
> some sort of high-end audio guru!  What a sad state of affairs.

Oh no , not that :D this lampizator guy also has a tube driven digital
output :confused: Yes you can use some HF radio tube for such an output
stage ! and ofcourse it's "sounds better" for unknown or unknowable
reasons you know it's a tube so it has the pixie dust that makes stuff
better .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )