arnyk wrote:
> So you're telling me that in your view, the need for science and
> technology are eliminated by this odd kind of popularity contest?
>
> I guess you are unaware of the millions of copies of utterly useless and
> even harmful products (based on legal actions by various governments),
> have been sold in the recent past.
>
> It has long been known among many that overestimating the gullibility of
> the public has led to remarkably few financial failures.
>

> No, at best it is symptomatic of a product that rushed to market without
> enough development.
>
> One of the so-called improvements that I am aware of involved "Improved
> bass".
>
> The idea that subtle changes in the digital domain by a device that does
> not open the data packets could affect spectral balance is utterly
> incredible to anybody who understands how digital audio works.
>
> Like I said , it is great work if you can get it but my knowledge of
> technology and my personal ethics puts a damper on that sort of thing
> for me. YMMV.

Not quite the same. JS has a reputation in several forums as a man of
integrity and exceptional knowledge in the digital domain. This means
people are queuing up to try his latest product, not the public, but
people who themselves are knowledgeable to a greater or lesser extent.

If there were any issues with it the forums would be full of disgruntled
buyers, but I can't see any, in fact they love the idea that they can
order a second one which is improved.

Touch optimisations http://touchsgotrythm.blogspot.co.uk/