philippe_44 wrote:
> Guys - As I tried to say before, this discussion is killing the "what's
> new" feature of this forum. Would you agree that each camp knows that it
> will not convince the other side, even after billions of messages? I
> understand that both camp want to make sure that 'uneducated' people
> (and that definition is of course totally different depending on which
> side you're on) are not being mislead, but I'm not sure the LMS forums
> is very influencial for people looking to find their way in that domain.
> I'm sure they are more important places to conduct that fight. So, out
> of respect for others can the wise guys stop that war by not feeding the
> fight?

I think you are right - it is like a evolution vs. creationism fight. No
rational arguments will change the position as long as there is vested
commercial or ideological interest involved.

On that note, I will refrain from further comments on this thread unless
there are specific factual errors in statements, or there are statements
that address me specifically.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953