ralphpnj wrote:
> I also am concerned about what will happen when there are so many solar
> panels and wind turbines in place that they begin to have an impact on
> the weather patterns. What I mean is that as the wind blows through a
> wind turbine farm a portion of the wind energy is converted to
> electricity and the wind that exits the wind farm now has less power in
> it which could, in turn, impact the overall wind patterns. Similar to
> what happens to the flow of water in a river on the downstream side of
> dam, i.e. the water downstream of the dam has much less energy and
> therefore a weaker stream or flow than the water upstream of the dam.
>
> With enough solar panels in place I would imagine that the amount of
> residual heat being released into the air would be deceased and that
> this in turn would have some type of impact on the environment. So it
> bears repeating: there is no free lunch.

At humanity's current power consumption that's not a problem we use an
infinitesimal fraction of the Suns energy the wind is also powered by
the sun and the rain too, so normal hydro power is actually sun power
.most of the energy hits the oceans anyway .

The areas used by cities, freeways  farms etc, humanly planted forests
for timber and pulp is wast and is already an problem . Take a country
such as the Netherlands or some parts of Asia where it's basically no
nature left just cultured land .
We are actually even using all the available living space in some areas
there is no room for nature .
A good place for solar panels would actually be all the rooftops think
malls and industrial buildings etc besides residential buildings .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )