arnyk wrote:

> Good science is based on gathering evidence and forming hypothesis that
> are based on it.
>
> Everything is at least a little doubtful. Ever hear of skepticism?
>
> As usual you have made up yet another false claim, and attributed it to
> me. I never said that everybody who disagrees with me is unreasonable.
> There was no  use of the word reasonable implying that those who don't
> agree with me aren't being reasonable. It is all a figment of your
> imagination it seems.

See this is the problem.. I write some words, you take one set of
meanings from it. You write some words, I take another set of meanings
from them. This is how forums descend into flame wars. My impression is
that you're pretty dismissive of folks who don't speak the exact
phrasing that you've been using for years and there's no room for debate
(it's fair to demand that experts use the correct jargon, but for
everyone else it's just jargon -- and I never said i was an expert in
anything other than what I experienced..). Some of the things you pick
up in are totally fair, but you're also applying your own interpretation
sometimes and picking up on that, just like everyone does.

I was being a bit sarcastic when suggesting that a forum member "ignores
those guys", which you would know if you'd met me.. Yet you're picking
up on it and decided to respond with an accusation of megalomania. An
escalation. My comment really is to leave the guy alone to try things
out if that's what he wants to do. If he wants to learn from you he's
entitled to ask for advice, but forget for a minute that you overdid
your time in HiFi shops when young and now are too jaded to see the
enjoyment in it and let others take their own from the hobby. (yes I'm
putting words in your mouth, see how that works?). :)