Learnincurve wrote:
> I like listening to classical vocal (opera, Lieder, etc) and have
> identified that a nasty hard-edge to some voices may be at least
> partially attributable to low-def digital sources, so am trying to
> upgrade both source material and equipment to handle higher def.

What makes you think the "def" (I assume you mean number of bits and
sample rate) is an issue?

> However, as I'm aware that I didn't buy the best and as I' also aware
> that power supply is likely to be a major source of degradation

What makes you think that power supply is likely to be a major source of
degradation?

> What would be my best bet to filter as well as possible, without
> spending much money?

Chokes and caps are the way to go, once you know that the issue is
related to the power supply. But if you don't have an unlimited budget,
I suggest you first verify what is really causing the issue before you
start using any money.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953