celo wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Should have mentioned. It is Tidal HIFI.
>
> I thought keeping two units together all-in-one ( Digi Pro and
> Raspberry) would be better than SBT connecting to Rpi3 via local
> network.
>
> Thanks.
.
.
That is exactly what I am saying, Tidal's so called HiFi is ONLY Red
Book CD FLAC files when it's at its best. It is NOT hires 24/96 or
24/192 IE the SB Touch has a very nice DAC that can easily handle better
files then Tidal will most likely ever stream (at least in the
foreseeable future). I am with Julf in that I don't see any advantage to
the Digi + Pro since it is sitting right on top of an unshielded
overwork R-Pi.

Remember that in almost all cases "Separates" sound better then
integrated or all-in-ones, there is a sound reason for this even though
"Separates" require additional cabling. And when it comes to Digital
Media Players, one must also remember that until the digital audio
stream is converted by the SB Touch DAC or feed to a standalone DAC, it
is immune to noise and interference (only actual interruption or
stoppage can affect it) which is an added bonus plus more of a reason to
use "Separates". As far as the DAC is concerned all Zeros are perfect
Zeros whether they are dirty zeros or perfect zeros because in the
digital world any Zero is a Perfect Zero and any One is a Perfect One
because no matter how dirty it is it HAS to be either a One or a Zero.
This even holds true for the Digi + Pro right up to the point that the
DAC is a DAC and does its job IE Digital to "Analog" Conversion, that
last Analog part is what is no longer immune to sitting right on top of
an unshielded PC.

Now if you need an additional Player, the project suites that just fine,
I would just use the regular HiFiberry DAC though since you only plan to
do Streaming. But I would still buy a second R-Pi so the "Player" is is
just that, a player and the other R-Pi is a standalone server. Again
just my thoughts. The few I have been able to listen to have been the
guys using R-Pi with the Digi + S/PDIF feeding their external DAC of
choice. This setup completely eliminates any possible R-Pi interference
by distancing the DAC from the R-Pi via the 75 ohm Digital S/PDIF cable,
YMMV.

Enjoy the Music!
.
.

*iPhone*
Media Room:
ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp,
Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers:
Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video:
Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model
3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
Ford Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini