cliveb wrote:
> All of what you say would make sense if the OP were talking about the
> Hifiberry DAC+.
> But he's referring to the DIGI+, which is an SPDIF output board, which
> would then be used to feed an external DAC.
> Given the known flaws in the RPi's USB system, I think using a DIGI+ to
> feed SPDIF to an external DAC may be preferable to using the RPi's USB
> to feed a DAC.

That would make sense, except that the OP states "I thought that RPi3
with Digi+Pro would eliminate the connection of the SBT to the server
(RPi3) over the network. Thus, giving me better sound?", so it is all
about the network, not the connection to the DAC.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953