celo wrote:
> I thought that RPi3 with Digi+Pro would eliminate the connection of the
> SBT to the server (RPi3) over the network. Thus, giving me better sound?

What makes you think it would? The network connection is a buffered,
bit-perfect path, and actually might pose less of a load on the RPi than
the USB connection. As long as you don't get bad network congestion,
resulting in clearly audible dropouts, the network doesn't affect the
sound.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953