Antoniop wrote:
> Hi Dave, I suppose they're asking $1000 because it was the price when it
> was still current product !
> Could be worse, there's a new touch at 800€ for sale !
> Yes it's a bit too much.
> BTW, nice piece of technology, this Pathos Acoustics Endorphin CD
> Player. I love the name !

Hi Antoniop!

Most of my gear is s/hand: realistically, as soon as you take a new bit
of kit out of the box, you've flushed half of the purchase price down
the toilet (with a few significant exceptions - the B&W 805S speakers I
was forced to buy new, simply because there weren't any s/hand items
available at the time, are still selling at 80% of the price I paid -
after INSISTING on a 15% discount. The salesman, who hadn't got any to
demo to me asked me slightly desperately if I wouldn't like to hear them
first - so I told him that my hearing was shot but that my significant
other liked the shape of them. He was then so far off his script that he
caved in & gave me the 15% off, lol... ).

And the mean time between failures for solid-state devices is around
100,000 hours!

You can get an "as-new" Touch, complete with all original packaging, for
around £200 on eBay if you decide to go for that...

Dave  :cool:

P.S. The infamous Ken Kessler himself began by deriding the "Endorphin"
name, then listened to the beast & declared it his new reference player
- it really *-does-* sound even better than its "sexiest CD player in
the universe" looks  ;)