schiff1108 wrote:
> There is even a set-up in LMS (Volume control) to keep the volume always
> on 100%.

FWIW IMO You should never use digital volume control unless as a last
resort - as @schliff1108 says enable the fixed 100% volume setting in
LMS for the Touch (to disable it's digital attenuation) and use your
DAC's volume control if necessary (assume this is digital anyway - but
always best to do attenuation at the last point in the chain not the
first to minimise flow on artefacts from it). To the best of my
knowledge digital volume control effectively drops 'bits' of
_resolution_ for each step of db attenuation - so hence why its not
ideal and can be noticeable at extremes (i.e low or high volume levels
well away from the original recording's playback level).

*Hi-Fi 1*: QNAP HS-453DX NAS+QLMS/Allo USBridge Signature+Shanti
LPS/Cirrus ESS Sabre 32-bit Reference DAC (Oppo 105D)/Yamaha Aventage
CX-A5000/Focal SM9s.
*Hi-Fi 2*: Sqbox Touch+Shanti LPS/Focal XS Books.
*Hi-Fi 3*: PC+Squeezelite-X+Material Skin/Focal XS Books.
*Hi-Fi Misc*: iPeng (iPad/iPhones)/Plantronics BB Pro 2 LE Headphones.
*Accessories*: Tchernov -Classic- & Van den Hul ICs; Thor PS10 Power
Station; Blue Jeans & Ruleconnect Cables (Power, HDMI, USB & Coaxial);
Aurios & Vibrapods.